Anyway… While coming back from my College in the bus, I was noticing the bus conductor while he was busy collecting money from people. And I was wondering, is he really satisfied with the current status of his life ? Isn’t he ambitious? Or does he or doesn’t he wish to live in a mansion with people around him saluting and nothing much to worry about except just enjoy life and party hard. And then it struck me.. Our whole education is ambition-orientated. Our whole society is ambitious. Ambitious to do big, to become the president, prime minister or the next TATA/Ambani/Birla.
But not everyone in the society can become one, can they? Think about it! But since only one person can be a president, a mad race begins. A race to power, money, status and MOAR – Every mean – and that when corruption rolls in. The mind of an ambition man is bound to be corrupt. Osho Says – The Indian Govt. should run by merit. Basically the majority party should find highly qualified and experienced specialists and experts in different fields of government – like education, health, finance and rest — and form the council of ministers with them. And this is very true. Democracy is not the highest goal.
Its better than dictatorial regimes and even better than monarchies, but is it the end of the journey? I think not. Because in class 10 in civic lecture we were taught, democracy basically means govt by the people, of the people, for the people, but – THE PEOPLE ARE RETARDED. Imagine if Indian is ameritocracy instead of democracy ? People are being appointed on the basis of skill and talent but not power, money or politics. But if thats the solution for eradication of corruption then why not experiment with it ? All intelligent people were, simply not interested in politics or power.
Their whole interest was to decide what is true, what is the meaning of life. Why are we here? Nations should disappear, with them almost 90 percent of problems will disappear. And the remaining 10 percent can be managed to disappear. Humanity Can live as beautiful as birds are living. Lets take a very simple example and analyze the situation. An exam scenario. You see a fellow colleague cheating in the exam, and you wonder, what the hell is he upto? You think for a second and say to yourself that, if he is using such means to get marks, why can’t I.
And the fellow guy starts cheating as well. He gets caught or not is another issue, but its the thinking and approach towards the fellow colleague which actually reflects on the person’s character. (ambitious to come first) If you see that someone else is using corrupt means you know that if you don’t use them you will be left behind as well. Now, how does this type of thinking come or incarnate from? If you look to the very roots of the society you will see that corruption is a natural outgrowth of our conditions, our education, our cultivation.
The complexity of our society is such that those who succeed can hide corruption. Success will hide everything and no one will know that you are corrupt. This has actually been true throughout the history. And one fine example right in front of you is Alexander the Great. A person is a thief if he is a small thief. If he is a great thief he become Alexander the Great. Osho Says : Corruption is something manufactured by man. The child is born absolutely innocent, there is no seed of corruption in him.
The corruption is created by the society for its own purposes. It does not want innocent people around because there is nothing more dangerous, more rebellious, than innocence. When I am in my deep thoughts, I usually don’t wonder about becoming a prime minister or power, but about my existence and the reason for my place on the holy earth which by us has become a sewage of garbage and a gutter of non-being. It takes time to connect the dots, I know that. But I also know that there can be a day of reckoning when you wish you had connected the dots more quickly.